About a million and two years ago, I told you I would post my favorite biscotti recipe, and I am finally making good on that promise! This recipe is sooooooo versitile, you can put any kind of nut (though I suggest chopping them up first), any kind of extract, dried fruits, chocolate chips, pretty much anything, and they will come out amazing. Now go be creative!
1 cup of canola oil
1 cup of sugar
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons almond extract
1 cup slivered, blanched almonds
1 cup dark chocolate chips.
(option: omit the chocolate chips, and add melted chocolate to the bottoms of biscotti after baking)
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat the eggs, oil, and sugar in a Kitchen Aid stand mixer until well mixed and creamy looking.
3. Add the extracts and mix until incorporated.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder, then add to the wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
5. Add the nuts and chocolate chips or whatever else you want to add :).
6. Spread the dough onto the baking sheet in two logs. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
7. Let the logs cool and turn the oven down to 300 degrees F.
8. When cool enough to handle, cut logs into 1 inch wide pieces on a diagonal. Lay them flat on the cookie sheet.
9. Place back into the oven for 10-15 minutes until they are hardened slightly. They will harden completely when they are cool.