Sunday, October 10, 2010

World Wide Cool

I have been working more on making my blog better, writing more, etc. The Stats feature on a Blogspot blog allows the blog owner to check on the traffic of their blog. It amazed me to learn that over the life of my blog I had visitors from the following countries in order of visits:


United States

Canada

Denmark

Italy

China

United Kingdom

Germany

France

Sri Lanka

Latvia


So Latvia?? Sri Lanka? Really? It makes me wonder about who these people are, what they think, and also what they cook. I am pretty familiar with US and Italian cooking, a little of French but not much, however, I think it would be amazing to learn more about different cultural cooking.


I found some interesting cookbooks that I may try, and have linked a couple at the bottom of this page. How amazing would Danish desserts be? Spoonfuls of Germany...sounds good. Fine Art of Sri Lankan Cuisine, now that would be a fun challenge. Taste of Latvia - well I have to be honest and say that I have NO idea what kind of food makes up the Latvian culinary realm. 

A Taste of Latvia (Hippocrene International Cookbooks)Danish Cookbooks: Domesticity and National Identity, 1616-1901 (New Directions in Scandinavian Studies)Spoonfuls of Germany: Culinary Delights of the German Regions in 170 Recipes (Hippocrene Cookbook Library)The Fine Art of Sri Lankan Cuisine: Clay Pot Style and Other Methods



To my fellow Blogspot bloggers, I urge you to look at your stats to find out who in the world (literally) has been looking back at you :)





1 comment:

Kris said...

Seriously, Latvia? Holy cow!