Monday, October 11, 2010

My One True Addiction...

What kind of books do you read? I am guilty of having my fair share of magazines, novels, cookbooks, memoirs, textbooks open, half-read and waiting at any given moment. My favorite kind of book is one that I can't help but finish; no other shiny new book can drag me away from turning the next page of my beloved book of the moment. I'll admit it now, I am addicted to reading.

A new genre of book, the food blogger book, keeps catching my eye - they are kinda irresistible to me (wonder why?). On the left hand column of this site you can see the food blogs I keep up with, and several have their own cookbooks.

The most famous would have to be the Pioneer Woman with her cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl. Folksy and relatable with high-calorie, but reliable recipes that remind you of home, fill her book. Like many food bloggers she also takes amazing photographs, and every few pages you get to see incredible images of her Oklahoma farm life. Every recipe I make comes out perfectly and her cinnamon roll recipe fulfilled my lifelong quest for the perfect cinnamon bun. I also love her chocolate cake recipe, pico de gallo, and jalepeneo poppers. Did I mention how easy everything is to make? You just want to know this woman.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review Lindsay, her blog is one of my favs and have been wanting to take a look at her cookbook...now I will definitely put it at the top of my "to do" list!!

lindsay said...

It is worth it!!