Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Heidi Swanson's Super Natural Cooking ... yeah, but can this stuff actually taste good?

The final book of my food blogger book review, Super Natural Cooking: Five Delicious Ways to Incorporate Whole and Natural Foods into Your Cooking comes from Heidi Swanson (blog is 101cookbooks.com).  
                                                          Super Natural Cooking: Five Delicious Ways to Incorporate Whole and Natural Foods into Your Cooking

My mom asked me if I would be interested in this cookbook since she got it as a gift and had no interest in it. I enthusiastically said yes when I noticed the title and recognized Heidi Swanson. I have just started reading it, but from her blog I know Heidi is the go to girl for recipes including whole ingredients like millet, bulgar, garbanzo beans (which I am making tonight). Her blog has incredible pictures and amazing travel articles too. I have not tried any of her recipes yet, but I have thought a lot about trying them...I know that doesn't count though.

The question remains, can this kind of "Super Natural"cooking actually taste great as well? I will let you know!

No comments: