Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The BEST Banana Bread Recipe, EVER.



I have been eating and making banana bread longer than I can remember. Don't you just love the way baking banana bread perfumes the entire house? When the weather chills up and the bananas get their leopard spots, grab a bowl, a fork and spoon, then make this banana bread. This recipe doubles beautifully (I always double my recipe and make it in a sheet cake pan), can take any kind of add-ins like nuts, blueberries, or chocolate chips, and couldn't be easier. 

With this particular recipe, I won first place in the banana bread division at the Del Mar Fair by adding macadamia nuts to the mix. 

Best Banana Bread:

You will need two bowls, a fork and a spoon to mix. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray your baking pan with cooking spray.

IN the larger bowl combine the following:

1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar

In another bowl, mash 3 bananas and add them to the flour mixture. 

Crack two eggs into the banana dish and beat them until combined and add to the flour mixture.

Add 1/4 cup CANOLA oil to the flour mixture (the original recipe calls for butter, but I like the oil much better because it is less messy than melting butter and makes the bread more tender)

Take your spoon and mix everything until it is combined, but don't over mix, it will make the bread tough. 

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes to an hour, depending on the pan you use. I test it by tapping the top (when I am pretty sure it is done, that is), and it will bounce back like a cake does. 



Banana Bread Bliss!

3 comments:

Jennifer Smith said...

Hi!!! Your recipe looks great! I'm going to try it this weekend. I love a good banana bread.
Jennifer Smith

lindsay said...

Thanks for the nice comment Jennifer! I know you will love this recipe - I have been using it for at least ten years. It never fails and also makes excellent muffins :)

HLM said...

Hi Linds,
You probably could've just posted that photo of the banana bread and won us all over. That alone makes me want to make it right this minute. Too bad i only have 1 banana in the house.