|Pizza ready for the oven|
• 3 Cups AP Flour
• 2 Teaspoons Yeast
• 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
• 2 Teaspoons Sugar
• 1 2/3 Cups Lukewarm Purified Water
1. Place the flours, yeast, salt, and sugar in a large bowl and mix with a fork until ingredients are evenly distributed.
2. Add the water and stir with a spoon until flour mixture is evenly wet (about a minute). Cover with a clean dishtowel and let sit for about 2 hours in a draft free area.
3. You can use the dough at this point, or store it in your fridge for later use up to four days. This much dough makes two pizzas and two loaves of bread.
4. Preheat oven with a pizza stone inside to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Shape dough on a piece of parchment paper. For bread, rub the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake until golden and hollow sounding (about 15 minutes). Pizza will bake in about 12-14 minutes.
6. Other applications include breadsticks, calzones, pizza balls, rolls...the possibilities are limitless!
No kneading necessary, the rise of bread actually kneads the dough on a molecule by molecule basis. Yeast needs a certain amount of oxygen to thrive, but excessive kneading introduces too much oxygen, and oxidizes the dough. We then lose the natural flavor of the bread as the dough turns whiter and whiter. We are not making wonder bread, we are making something that looks, feels and tastes handmade. This amount of dough will make about two large pizzas and a small loaf of bread.