Friday, May 8, 2009

That old feeling...

I am taking the next step in making myself a little business out of my treats by picking a name, getting business cards and stickers, getting a web address, and with Alex's big help, creating a website that is really beautiful. He is working on it right now as a matter of fact. The name of my company is Little Sweets Bakery, www.littlesweetsbakery.com is the URL, the motto is "Life is Sweet" and the logo is the cutest part (a mint bird on an orange and yellow swirl/flower background). He will say "Sweet Sweet" :). It is hard to think about getting customers, what to make, where to find time to concentrate on creating these items...hmmm. Oh well - if you don't try, you will never know. I look at it as a start, I will just have to keep working and improving.

5 comments:

HLM said...

What a wonderfully splendid idea!!!!! I am so excited for the possibility that lies ahead, Linds. Can't wait to see the new site. :)
xoxo

Trish Wallace said...

I have have no doubt your venture will become a huge success...you are a born entrpreneur...go and create!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see what happens! I love your cute logo, and all the ideas...BTW, I can totally understand your disappointment with your cake venture...I would ask for a refund no matter the amount, asking for a refund explains why people will not continue to sign up!

Lee Mann said...

We would love to hear more about your experience with a Wilton class, so that we can improve the overall experiences all our students enjoy. If you would please let me know the store name and location, I'll have someone look more closely into this.
Thank you!
Lee Mann
Director of Educational Marketing
Wilton Brands Inc.
lmann@wilton.com
630-810-2450

ambrella said...

That is sooo exciting Lindsay! I think it's a wonderful thing that you are beginning something all your own. The ideas are great so far, so just keep em flowing. And how great that you have such support from your sweetie!

culturvista said...

Hi Lindsay! I am so impressed with your blog and adventures in starting a cooking business! That´s fabulous. I remember the cake for Ash´s wedding was amazing. Thanks for your comment on my blog!