Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Little Tip...

On Monday we went out to a little French place here in San Marcos for Alex's birthday. We got scallops, fillet minion, mahi mahi, creme brulee...It was actually pretty good which is saying quite a lot from me! I am, uh, how you say...picky. Way too picky about dining out because honestly we eat very well at home, and spend a lot of money on food to do so. So anyway, the tip is that during Christmas I bought a $25 gift certificate to this place for only $2 at www.restaurant.com. I think they usually charge $10, but sometimes $5...anyway, you can go to restaurants all over the country, which is great for traveling. Most of the places are pretty high quality too, so the food should be pretty decent. 

3 comments:

Trish Wallace said...

What a great tip...I'm going to check it out. I'm a lot like you...I feel like I know good food and for the prices you pay at nice places you expect it's taste to match the price...I HATE paying for something that is mediocre. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! HA

lindsay said...

We really are a lot a like! I couldn't have said it better :)

ambrella said...

Totally agree! I like to shoot for ambiance and a nice beverage to make up for what can sometimes be a disappointing meal. It does make me that much more appreciative and impressed when things are excellent though!

Your photo of granola in the last post totally inspired me and I made some this week. Sooo good, homemade granola.